Cooper, this is such a fun stage of life with you! I love spending my days at home taking care of you and Kendall, and I wanted to journal about what a typical day looks like for us at this age. You are 13 months old now and Kendall is 3 and a little more than a half. :)
You are such a great sleeper! You sleep all night and don't wake up until 7:30 or 8 each morning. We know you are awake when we hear you playing in your bed - hardly ever do you call us or cry. When we walk into your room, you are usually sitting up, playing with your baby doll or looking at one of the books in your bed. When you see us, you start gathering things up to hand to us that you want to bring with you - it's the cutest thing! You hand us several things sometimes before you finally reach up, ready for us to pick you up.
The first thing we do is go have breakfast in your high chair. You drink a small cup of milk and eat Cheerios while I make you some applesauce mixed with baby cereal and while I make mine and Kendall's breakfast. Lately you have been pointing and reaching for more Cheerios when I try to feed you the applesauce - you love those the best!
After breakfast, we have about an hour and a half or so until you are ready for your morning nap. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we get ready and take Kendall to school, and on the other mornings we either run errands or play around the house. You are getting so big - you love to walk around the house, finding toys, interacting with Kendall, or playing in the play kitchen. Some mornings we go for a walk before your nap. Naptime is typically from 9:30 or 10 until noon.
I usually have to wake you up at noon so that we can have lunch. Daddy comes home to eat lunch with us most days, which we love! These days you like bread, cheese, fruit, yogurt, carrots, or whatever I'm having. A lot of times Kendall will finish eating and you will finish off whatever is on her plate that she didn't finish..after you've eaten all your food! You love to eat!!!
After lunch we have more time to play or run errands before you and Kendall both go down for nap around 2. I just love this time with both of you girls...learning, exploring, playing, reading, and talking. You are very into books right now, and you will go get a book and then turn around and back into our laps if we're sitting down or bring it to us and hold it up to us if we're standing up. I can't ever resist sitting down and reading with you!
Naptime for you is usually about 3 hours long. When you wake up, Daddy is usually home already, and this is very exciting for you. I have never seen more of a Daddy's girl than you Cooper! You want him to hold you all the time and won't even come to me when he's around!! I think it's pretty sweet, but I think I'm going to start letting him change more diapers and wrestle you on the changing pad if you like being with him so much. :) We're usually cooking dinner when you wake up, so you sit in your high chair and have some snacks so that we can finish that up. You eat what we eat for dinner, and a few extra things like some fruit or more vegetables.
We usually have to go straight from dinner to bath with you! You are a pretty messy eater, and for some reason lately you have started patting your head and rubbing your hair a lot while you eat....so a bath is usually a necessity! You love your bath though, and love it even more on nights when Kendall takes a bath with you. I think you could stay in there for hours!
After dinner we get ready for bed and then have some play time with Daddy and me. Before you go to bed around 8, Kendall always has to tell you goodnight and give you a kiss, and then we get your pink bear baby, two sasses, and turn your music on. Once you have your sasses and baby, you are ready to lay your head on our shoulders and let us rock you for a little bit, and then it's easy to put you in bed. You go down so fast and so easy - sometimes I wish I was able to rock you a little longer!
I'm so thankful to be your Mommy, Cooper, and I am loving these precious, slow-paced, fun days at home with you and Kendall.
No comments:
Post a Comment