Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Day in Galveston!

Saturday our whole family went to Galveston for the day! For Holly and Kristin's birthdays, they wanted to have a beach day and then go out to dinner that night. So I got to spend the day on the beach and Randy took the girls, along with Aaron, Ethan, and Ella, to a bar-b-que cook-off and to Moody Gardens. They had a fun day and so did I!
Randy texted me while they were at the cook-off and said that I wouldn't recognize Kendall. She asked to go inside a petting zoo, she went on a bounce house slide, and she got her arm painted! All things she is typically too scared to try! She's getting so brave. In fact, the other day she wrote her name on a piece of paper and then asked me how to spell "is brave." Then she taped it on her wall next to her bed.


Love how she is reaching for Ella's hand!
Here they are at Moody Gardens in the aquarium! Randy said it was so cool and that the seals were the girls' favorite part.



For dinner, we all got to ride on the Coastal golf carts! Because they don't have a lot of parking around the church, they use these two awesome golf carts to shuttle people from somewhere else. Randy, Aaron, and the kids rode one to where they went to eat, and the 7 of us girls rode one to where we went. It was so fun! We drove them on the actual streets and got to see the Strand and other historic parts of Galveston.



Sunburned and happy! Kristin and I rode on the very back, so we got to see the kids when they would pull up behind us. We had a fun time and I was so thankful for a day by myself with good friends and that Randy and the girls had fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment