*Ok. I have tried and tried to get these pictures to flip and it just isn't happening. So frustrated. And done trying. I'm ready to move on and put this post up, so this is just happening just like this. Sorry.
My awesome mom won Teacher of the Year at her school!! This is such an honor because it is voted on by your colleagues at school and they picked Mom! We are all very proud of her and were so excited to get to go up to Ft. Worth this past weekend to celebrate her!!
Last Thursday night was the Golden Gala for all of the Teachers of the Year from all 30something schools in the district. Mom works at the school that my dad, Alden, and I all went to growing up, and this is in the same district that I taught in and that Alden teaches in. I got to see so many friends that I haven't seen in awhile! Mom looked beautiful and we had a fun night honoring her.
On Friday, the girls and I went up to her school and took some pictures with her in front of the marquee at the school. So proud of her!
While getting this award was a big deal and a big honor, it was not a surprise to us that Mom was named Teacher of the Year. She has been a wonderful teacher, not only for the 20 years that she has been teaching, but since Alden and I were little. She was our first teacher and we are so blessed to have grown up learning from her. And now I love that my girls get to have her for a teacher too - she is the best Granny and she teaches them so much!! We're so thankful for you Mom!! Love you!!



Oh, Ashley! Thank you so much for your humbling words. I'm just glad I didn't read this one at school, too! I don't take for granted how wonderful you and Alden and the girls are! Y'all have had many many good influences in your lives and I certainly didn't do it alone. Your Dad is an important part of your lives, too. I was so thankful to have my family with me last week - more than any award I received from the district. I still can't believe you drove up here with a sick Cooper! Thank you, thank you!
ReplyDelete