Sunday, September 8, 2013

Calli and Her Babies

Calli was awake and talking happily to herself for awhile today before I went and got her up from her nap. I let her play as long as she was happy. When she started fussing, I went in and sat down next to her and hugged her. She pointed to the end of her bed, and when I looked, I saw her babies all covered up by her quilt. She has several stuffed animals, but she only wants to sleep with, and HAS to sleep with, her baby we got her before she came home, her puppy that Granny and the girls gave her when she was in the hospital, her quilt I made her, and her pink princess pillow. She had put her babies up on the pillow, set them up just so, and covered them with her quilt to where only their heads were showing. I loved it.
 I told her to sit there while I went to get my phone to take a picture. She was so proud!

It's so amazing to us to watch her learn to "mother" her babies. We are so thankful that she loves to receive love and nurturing from us and that she is beginning to pass that on to her "babies." So blessed to be on this journey with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment