Friday, September 12, 2014

Cooper and Calli's First Day of Preschool

Cooper and Calli started back to school the day after Labor Day this year! The preschool starts a week after Kendall's school started, so they were so ready to finally get to go to school themselves after watching Kendall have her first few days. They kept asking me when they were going to get to meet their teacher, when they would get to go to school, and were just too excited. I let them pick out their first day of school outfits, and they chose very fancy dresses. :)
Sweet buddies. I love how Cooper feels like she is so big and how she takes care of Calli. They asked me the day before school started when they would make cookies to take to their teachers because that is what Kendall did. I had to make a quick trip to the store, but we made cookies together on Monday and they were excited to deliver them on Tuesday.
 
Calli is in the orange giraffe 3 year old class this year, just like Cooper was last year. We're thinking we may keep her in the 4 year old class for two years, since her birthday is so late, just to give her speech more time to develop, but we'll see. For now she moved up to the 3s, so she's the youngest in her class, but she's doing great! She's such a smart girl.
 
She walked right in, hung up her bag, washed her hands, and started playing with the play-dough on the table. There were no tears at all when I left - she just was ready for another day at school! No big deal!  
And Cooper is a yellow cheetah this year, in the 4 year old class! She likes to tell people that she is in the oldest class in the school. It doesn't seem real to me that she will "graduate" preschool at the end of this year and move on to Kindergarten next year!
Ms. Nikie had her check her name off, then hang up her backpack and wash her hands. Such a big girl!

She got to play with play-dough, too, and she sat next to her buddy Luke. Lots of her friends from last year are in her class again.  
When I picked them up, they loved telling me about their day. I enjoyed some time by myself that morning, but I was ready to see them and hear about how their day was. Calli took her usual nap, and Cooper had some alone time with me before Kendall got home from school. She hasn't napped for 2 years now. When Kendall got home and Calli woke up, I was fixing a snack for them and looked over and Cooper had fallen asleep at the table! I don't think that has ever happened with any of our girls. So funny. She was just worn out from her first day of school. I took advantage of some snuggle time with her and picked her up and held her for awhile. Later that night, she was still up at 11pm because of that nap, but the time I got to cuddle with her was worth it!

We're so thankful the girls get to go to preschool and are excited about all the adventures they will have this year!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment