Calli girl, we are so very in love with you! God has knit you into our family in such an amazing way, and it's hard for us to believe that it hasn't even been a year and a half that you have been ours. We are getting very close to the time when you will have been with us longer than we were without you. And now you are 3 years old! You have learned and grown so much over this past year and we're so proud of who you are. We thought we knew strong-willed with Kendall, realized we didn't even know strong-willed before we had Cooper, and now you have shown us a whole new side of strong-willed and persistent! We have definitely entered "three" with you and are watching that feisty, spicy, stubborn side of you come out more and more every day. You love being the little sister, but also love letting those big sisters know that you are not "little" at all. You're still taking a nap every day, and sleeping from about 8pm-6:30 or 7 in the morning. Your favorite books are the Elephant and Piggie books and we read one before every nap and every bedtime. I love that I still get to rock you before nap and bed, and you are very attached to the same routine for going to sleep. You started school halfway through this past year and just rocked it! It was so good for you and so good for your mama. :) We started intense private speech therapy twice a week back in May, finished with that at the end of August, and now you get to have one-on-one speech therapy twice a week at Kendall's school because you are 3! You've learned to say the /n/ and /k/ sound, which was a big deal because now you can say your name and your sisters' names! We're still working specifically on /d/, /t/, and /s/. You're just so very smart and we are amazed at what you remember and can do. I love telling you the story about when Mommy and Daddy flew on an airplane to get you in China, and you are even telling parts of your story back to us lately. I think often of the miracle it is that you are our daughter, and how very blessed we are that we get to be the ones to watch you grow, to love you, and to provide for your needs. I wish I could put words to how we don't see you as any different to us than Cooper and Kendall, but also at the same time how often I think of your first parents and wonder about those first few days and months after you were born. There are things all the time that I wish I could show them and that I wish I could share with them, but I rest in the ability I have to pray for them and know that our Heavenly Father knows them intimately. Calli Faith, we are so in love with you and love that you are our big three year old! We are excited for what this year holds for you, sweet girl!
This last picture was at your 3 year old check up with Dr. B. You were just under the 50th percentile in height and weight, at 37 inches and 30 pounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment