Last night was the annual Lake Jackson city-wide egg hunt! It is always fun but pretty crazy. They have the field divided up by age levels, and this was the first year we had to be separated with the girls since Cooper didn't hunt last year. Randy took Kendall and I stayed with Cooper.
We saw our friends Matt, Lindsey, and Patrick right when we got there, so we all hung out together while we waited, and tried to stay out of the millions of ants! Coop was a little unsure of all the people. When she saw the eggs, she was interested, but she never wanted me to be very far away.
In the 1-2 year old area, they don't allow parents to go out with the kids at first. They don't want the kids to get trampled. It makes sense, but Cooper was not leaving my side. So we waited until they gave us the go-ahead, and then both of us went out and tried to find some eggs that hadn't been picked up yet. I think Cooper found four!
"Mom, carry my basket."
After it was all over (about 10 seconds after it started), we saw Patrick and he didn't have any eggs in his basket. Not sure if it was because they were all picked up, or if he had thrown them out. Cooper was very sweet to take one of her eggs out and hand it to him, which he immediately threw down. Throwing toys is kind of his thing. :) She was persistant though, and kept handing him the egg, and even his basket when he threw it. Such a sweet friend!Out on the 3-4 year old field, our reserved Kendall was a little slow on running out to get the eggs. Again with the crowds overwhelming her. I'm not sure if this is the funniest video ever or the saddest video. I'm going to go ahead and say funniest. Slowest walk ever.
Thankfully, her buddy Connor was there! He saw that she didn't get any eggs - not any - and gave her like half a dozen out of his basket! Randy said he just kept handing them to her! Such a sweet guy!
When I told them I wanted to take their picture, they both immediately started making funny faces. I guess that's what you do when you're four!
It was pretty hot and humid yesterday afternoon! Look at this sweet little red face after the hunt was all over!
Love these two!!
I hope you're having a wonderful, relaxing weekend celebrating the most precious gift we have ever been given! Our family is so thankful for Christ's sacrifice for us and we love celebrating it together.

Hi there! I think i just saw your comment on the Horde's blog. If that is correct, please email me, I believe we have a LOT in common and would love to discuss!! :-) My email is toddally2003@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you!
ReplyDelete-allison