Sunday, August 26, 2012

Girls' Trip to Pearland!

We had some errands to run up in Pearland last week, so we took off on Wednesday and spent most of the day up there, just the girls and me. Sarah and Mary were supposed to come with us, but Caleb was up all night with a bad ear infection so they had to stay home. We missed them but had a great trip just the three of us!
Kendall was due for a trim so we went to Snip-Its first. She loves getting her hair cut and asks to go do it all the time. When the lady finished cutting her hair this time she asked her if she wanted color in her hair. They usually put glitter in there, so I just thought she meant colored glitter. No. She meant like streaks of color. Kendall had already said yes and chosen green, so before I realized what was happening she was putting green streaks in my four year old's hair. Oh well. It washed out. :) She did also get glitter, a braid, and hair perfume. Who even knew they had that? She loved it and was very proud.

Next we went to Carter's to check out their back to school sale. Kendall doesn't need a whole lot of clothes this year until it starts turning cooler, but we did get two cute dresses for her to wear back to school.

About a month ago I had seen some people posting in our adoption group online about a doll that Carter's had looks Asian. I had forgotten about it because we aren't up in Pearland that often, but as we were checking out and walking out of the store, I remembered that they were the ones who had the doll. I went back in to look and our store still had some! I was super excited and let the girls help me pick out our new baby's first baby doll! So sweet!
Our next stop was at Barnes and Noble to get Cooper's birthday book. We have chosen authors for each girl and each year on their birthday we get a book by their author for them and have everyone that comes to their party sign the first page. Cooper's author is Eric Carle, so we went to grab her book for her party next weekend.
For lunch we went to Panera Bread. I told the girls we were going to a grown-up place for lunch and that they would have to be extra good. They felt so big and did a really good job! On our way out we got a chocolate chip muffin and shared it outside. I love these sweet faces!
After lunch we went to the party store and got a few more things for Cooper's birthday. We ran so many errands and the girls were so good! They even stayed awake the whole way home and napped when we got home. Big, fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment