Kendall's Christmas party was Friday! She was very excited about her last day of Kindergarten for the semester, that it was just a half day, that it was her party, and that I was coming for it! Sweet girl always wants me to come to her class, but I just can't come as much as she (and I!) would like because of the little girls. One day! But Friday, Randy was able to do some work from home, so he stayed with Cooper and Calli and let me go help with the party. So fun!
They started the morning with a school-wide sing-a-long in the cafeteria.
Then they went to their class and had breakfast! Pigs in a blanket, donut holes, powdered donuts, kolaches, and some fruit...and Kendall ate none of it! Good thing she ate before she came.
After eating, they sat in a circle to pass out their gifts. In Kindergarten, they do what they call "penny Christmas" where each child has to bring something for everyone in their class. A little crazy. But we found something we were both excited for Kendall to give - tattoos. She was so ready the whole time to pass out her gifts and I think her name was drawn like second to last. But she loved opening twenty things from all her friends!
This is her friend Sophie. :)
Sweet Ms. Woodward! We have just loved her so much!
On Kendall's plate: her juice box.
Finally getting to pass out her gifts!
And giving Ms. Woodward her gift. Kendall loves her so much and was so excited to get to watch her open her present.
The class as a whole gave Ms. Woodward a few gifts, too. One thing they made was a book telling all the things they loved about her and being in her class. Kendall said, "I love that she always wears a bun."
I can't believe that she is halfway finished with Kindergarten now! She is doing so well and learning so much. We are excited about having her home with us for two whole weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment