We had been talking about putting Calli in Wee Place next year, but before Christmas, I talked to the director and asked her if there were any openings in the 2 year old class this year. Any time we walk Cooper in to her class, Calli loves being there and never wants to leave. I wasn't sure we could swing it, but I just wanted to see if it was even a possibility. She told me that the 2 year old class was full, so I told her no big deal - that we would just stick with our plan of putting her in in the fall.
Well, we came back after the Christmas break, and she told me that two kids had left that class over the break! She said they could take Calli if we wanted to put her in. Randy was in Cambodia, but we were able to talk about it some, and we talked about how it would be so good for Calli to be with other adults, with other kids, working on language more, and it would also be good for us to have time apart. We prayed about it, and God totally provided for us to be able to enroll her! We are so thankful and just so excited that she has the opportunity to be in such a wonderful environment. She goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9-1, just like Cooper. Their classrooms are right across the hall from each other.
Here she is on her first day of school! She was so excited as we talked about her going to school, just like Cooper, and Cooper was also so excited about her being there. She felt like such the big sister.
Her second day of school...this picture kills me. I told them to hug and smile and Calli quickly just slipped her little hand in Cooper's pocket. She looks a little unsure, and I love how she leans on Cooper to take care of her. :) And Cooper is just so proud.
Calli's teachers are Ms. Jennifer and Ms. Morgan. They are so sweet to her and she already loves them so much! She never cries when I leave her and she is always happy to go. Today Ms. Jennifer told me that she is getting pretty attached to them, and that she didn't want to leave them to see Mrs. Stephanie for chapel. I told her I thought that was a good sign that she was getting attached to them!
When I went to pick them up, I was able to take a few more pictures. Here's Cooper in line.
And here's Cooper practicing cutting in her class.
And here's Calli! She was so sweet - she saw Randy and I there to pick her up, but she was sitting in her line so great and didn't run to us! Sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment