Cooper has been so excited about her birthday party for months now. Probably three months ago now I asked her what kind of party she wanted for her two year old birthday. She said "i-crem par-ty!" I'm pretty sure she was just associating parties with ice cream, but I figured that since there is not much she likes better than ice cream, that we could have an ice cream party! (Sidenote: she also said "Pat-pa par-ty" which is how she says her friend Patrick's name. I went ahead and made the call that we would just invite Patrick to her party, rather than having a Patrick-themed birthday party. :)
So I started planning her "i-crem party." And we talked about her "i-crem party" pretty much every day. Girlfriend has been excited. Leading up to her birthday, if you asked her how old she was going to be she would say "Evy, two" because she was going to be two like her cousin Evy. And then she would yell "i-crem party!!" She loves ice cream.
Last year we had so much fun just setting up pools in the front yard and letting the kids play, so we just decided to do the same thing again this year! Granny and Papas got Cooper an ice cream outfit and this ice cream swimsuit just for her party - and it was so cute!
Floating ice cream balloons! Too easy and way cute.
We made a banner for her and Noelle sewed some ice cream garland out of colored cardstock I cut into circles and mailed her. I never got a close up picture of it but it was cute!
We made these ice cream cones we stuck in the ground by taping a bamboo stick to a balloon, slipping a cone of brown craft paper around it and pushing them in the ground! Easy!
Such a fun, low-maintenance party. They just love being able to splash and play! How many more years can we do this? :)
Cooper and Cousin Evy!
I was glad Kendall made sure to have her goggles on in all that deep water...
Cousin Gracie!! So thankful for all our friends and family that came to help celebrate Cooper's birthday!
Right before we were going to sing Happy Birthday - these two crazies found the sprinkles and helped themselves to some!
I love Cooper's face - like she had been caught. Aunt Auggie just wanted a picture!
Blowing out the candles! I can't believe she is so big.
Finally getting to eat her "i-crem!!" I think she ended up having two bowls of her own, plus some of mine, in addition to her cake. That's a good party!
Sweet friends!!
Opening presents. Loved these ice cream sunglasses from Sarah and Caleb!
Pops and Cooper! We were thankful that Pops and Auggie came down, Granny and Papas, Gigi, Peeps, Val, Gracie and Evy. They all made the trip from Ft. Worth and we were so glad they were there!
We had such a fun day! We're so thankful for our little two year old and now we just hope she does ok not having an ice cream party to look forward to every day! Ha!



Such a cute party! Sorry we couldn't stay longer, but I'm glad we got to come hang out with the birthday girl! And I'm glad it wasn't a Patrick-themed party :-) Silly girl. She's a good influence - couldn't believe he put his face in that bowl of ice cream!
ReplyDeleteYour little girl's ice cream party is so cute! I love all the pools in the yard and her ice cream swim suit is perfect! What a fun party! Thank you for the link up:)
ReplyDelete