Thursday, September 13, 2012

First Day of School!

Last Tuesday was Kendall's last first day of preschool!! She was so ready to go back and excited about her new class, the yellow cheetahs! 
I still can't believe this is the fourth year we've had a first day of school. She is just so big!

Brave girl!

She went right in to her class, hung her backpack on the hook, took a picture with Cooper (that was goofy) and sat right down to play with play-dough! I was so proud of her. The girl sitting next to her was new to school this year. Kendall and I met her on Meet The Teacher night and we talked about how Kendall could make her feel comfortable at school. I reminded her that if she acted upset, then that would make this little girl even more upset. We talked about how she could make friends with her and make her feel happy to be at school. I was so excited when Kendall told me today that she has been playing with this little girl and she always gives me a report on whether or not she cried. SO proud of her for being a good friend!

We walked in to pick Kendall up and Cooper went right to her and sat down. These sisters love each other so much and missed each other when they were apart!
Cooper was a little sad to leave Kendall at school that morning. When we dropped her off and got back in the car, Cooper kept saying, "Cooper, Kendall school! Cooper, Kendall school!" I was sad for her, but distracted her by telling her we were going to go see Daddy at his office. That made her forget all about school, and then she started focusing on getting candy when we got to the office. :) We had a great morning, going for a walk together and just playing just the two of us. I'm so thankful for this time! 
Here's a video I took of Cooper that morning. She is so precious! 

We're thankful for a great first couple of weeks of school and so proud of our big 4 year old yellow cheetah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment