Kendall got to go to college this summer! Brazosport College here in Lake Jackson is a junior college and they have a Kid's College program in the summers. Kendall was old enough to go this year and she was so excited about it! It is a week long and you can choose up to four classes to go to each day. Because it was her first year, we started with just two classes, so she chose All About Animals and Sloppy Science. One was at 10 and one was at 11, so I dropped her off at 10 and picked her up at noon. We were so proud of her being so big and trying something new, all by herself! I was pretty surprised at how ok she was on the first day - I figured she would be pretty nervous. Here is the picture I took of her on campus before we walked in the gym.
....And here's her picture when we walked in and I was about to leave. Not ok. I told her I wanted to take a picture by her bag with her name on it that she put her things in all week and this was what I got. Sweet girl. She was so nervous. She had asked if she could take her baby bear and I told her that was fine, as long as she didn't throw a fit when I left her. It was a good thing she had baby bear with her.
But then, I left, she did fine, and when I picked her up, she had had so much fun! We loved hearing all about it and she said she was looking forward to going back the next day. Yay! Here is another picture from when I picked her up another day that week. So much better!
After a couple days, she said she didn't think she would need to bring baby bear back the next day. It's so sweet to us how baby bear really does bring her comfort and make her feel better when we aren't there. She put baby bear in her backpack every single day of kindergarten and never got her out, but just knowing she was in there I think gave her comfort. The jury is still out as to whether or not baby bear will come to first grade.
And she loved college! She pet a snake, an alligator, a bird, and learned about lots of other animals. She also got to do cool science experiments and make play-dough. We're so thankful she had the chance to go and glad she's already talking about which classes she want to take next summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment