Saturday, May 23, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

I had a very special Mother's Day this year mostly because I am just so thankful and in awe when I look at the three blessings God has allowed me to be Mom to. It is hard and exhausting but more than anything else, being a Mom causes me to push into Jesus and makes me realize how much I need Him. I can't be the Mom that the girls need on my own, and I'm so thankful for how He is making me more like Him through learning to parent them. Every day is a new adventure!
And they are just awesome and make it so fun to be their Mom. I love my red, blonde, and black haired girls, and love how very unique each of them are. I was so concerned when I was pregnant with Cooper that I wouldn't be able to love another baby the way I loved Kendall, but God has shown me how he allows us to love the girls in as many unique ways as their personalities. Being a Mom is the best!
Brazos Pointe had a great Mother's Day service, and had frames outside where you could stop to take a picture with your family. It was fun!



I got lots of awesome artwork and letters throughout the week leading up to Mother's Day, but this was the most special to me. Kendall did a project with her class called "Mom wears many hats." Each page was a different job that Mom has, and what about each job was special to Kendall. For example: "My mom is a chef. She makes the best chocolate chip cookies." :) But this page was my favorite.
 
It doesn't get much better than that! That is my ultimate goal - to love them the way Jesus loves them and to cause them to want to love him too. I'm so thankful for how he is pursuing each of their hearts. I love you so much, girls!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment