Sunday, August 30, 2015

Just Calli and Me!

Lots of people have been asking how it has been just having Calli at home while Cooper and Kendall are both at school. I was so curious how she would do, too! She has always had at least Cooper with her, so this would be a big change to just have me to play with and keep her company all day. She doesn't start preschool until this coming week, and then she will just go two days a week, so we will have lots of Mommy/Calli time!
Well, if I thought she would be sad at all, I was wrong! She was quite excited about some one-on-one time with Mom. On our way home from dropping the girls off on the first day, she started asking me to do all sorts of things we don't do very often, like paint and make bracelets with beads. It's like she realized that with less kids I might be more willing to do things that made more of a mess or something. So funny.
So our first day, we made bracelets, she got to play on pbskids on the computer some, and then she got to come on my birthday lunch with me! She still naps in the afternoons, so that is a good break time for both of us. ;)
Other things we have done have been going to the library, playing Uno and Spot It, I set up a water station for her, we went on a walk, rode bikes in the driveway, played with chalk, and even walked to the park one day for a picnic and met Mary, Sarah, and Savannah! So we've done lots and I think she is thinking this is going to be great!
I asked her to write her name and this is what I got - so proud!



Looking forward to lots more one-on-one time with the last baby at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment