Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Rest of June

I found a few random pictures on my phone from June that I wanted to post before we get too far into July! We are having a great summer with a wonderful balance of fun activities and rest. Looking forward to what July holds!
We have been bringing Calli to church for a few weeks now. Usually what happens is I bring all three in, drop the big girls off in their classes, and then go sit in the back with Calli. Randy sits with us during worship and then takes her out to the foyer during the message, since he has already heard it in an earlier service. We began to notice that the crowded worship room and foyer were pretty overwhelming to her, so I started just going straight to a seat in the back and sitting down with her. One week she laid down on me and wouldn't sit up - felt safer that way, I guess. In the past couple of weeks, Randy has started taking her into her classroom and playing with her there, and then even leaving her some for a short time. She has done great!
Three girls cuddling on our bed!
Kendall went to Vacation Bible School last week at another church in the area. She went last year and just loved it, so she was excited to go again this year. We've already been listening to all the songs in the car and even Cooper and Calli love them. She was extra excited this year because Jill, Katelyn, and Emma were all in her small group!
Saturday Randy was mowing and Calli and I were out on the back porch watching him. She was not scared at all by the noise, and one time when he walked by, she just walked right on out in the grass to him. He grabbed her hand and she made a couple of laps around the yard with him. So sweet!


June 10th, Calli and I had another day of doctor's appointments in Houston. We went to her liver specialist and then had a 3 week follow up with her cleft doctor. It was a long day with a pretty big break in between appointments, so we got to go on a lunch date together. Special days just one-on-one with her!  

Shopping trip to Target! Love my little helpers!
Beating the heat - making some jewelry. She loves to do this!
Clean beans!
Our friends Jeff Johnson and Jen Smart got married last week! We left the girls with Michelle and went to Galveston for the wedding. It was fun to have a night out without the girls!  And bonus - Alden and Scott were in the wedding so we got to see them!


One evening after a bad day (with Coop, not Calli) Randy came home and told me I could leave and go take a break somewhere. I had felt all day like Kendall had been so good but that I wasn't really able to give her much of my attention, so I took her with me and we went to Cherry Berry. Sweet date with my big sweet five year old! She has just been so good lately and so helpful. We're loving these relaxed summer days!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment