I've been excited to take the girls to the beach for the first time this summer, but also a little nervous. I wasn't sure how it would go having all three by myself as well as all our beach gear. And then I had no idea if Calli would even like it, and if all the work of getting there would be worth it.
It totally was! The day we finally decided to go last week was so fun and all three girls stayed busy the whole time. We went with some friends, so there were plenty of kids for them to play with. Calli really seemed to like it! She spent a lot of time eating, just like Kendall used to do when we would go to the beach. Kendall had fun playing in the water and building sand castles, and Cooper mostly wanted to play up in the sand by our chairs. It was great!
We stayed for about two hours, and I think all three of them could have kept going. Two hours is about our limit though - I just hate for them to be in the sun longer than that. We put sunscreen on at the house before we leave, and then I reapply once we're out there, but it just seems like any longer than that and they start to burn. It was perfect though and made us so excited about more beach days this summer!
These little chairs mom bought the girls a few years ago have been great! Perfect size.
Cooper taught Calli all about digging in the sand. Calli loved it! She sat right on the edge of the quilt and just dug and dug!
Jenny offered to take a picture of the four of us, and we weren't all looking but I just love this! First time at the beach! (At least that we know of :)
So thankful that it went well and that we'll be able to go back this summer. I love my beach bums!
No comments:
Post a Comment