Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The One Where I Start To Get Caught Up

So it is officially January 5th and I am blogging about October. I'm so behind. I don't really love blogging anymore, but I love capturing memories of our big days and our little days and all the moments in between. I know that I love to look back on these books that I print out from the blog and I know (hope?) our girls will one day as well. So I'm recommitting to the blog, planning to try to post twice a week in this new year. And if I stay caught up, it won't be such a huge thing. But first I need to catch up on October, November, and December. Here we go. 
Kendall got to read to Cooper's class one day. Cooper and Kendall both thought that was the coolest thing. I love how Coop looks up to her sister.
Ella and Sarah came and spent the night one night! The girls all watched a movie in the living room before sleeping in their room.
Fun at breakfast the next morning!
Sweet, silly friends at Kathy Peters' retirement reception!


Molly curled up in a shark costume Randy was using for work. She can make a nest anywhere.
Cooper brought home her very first home reader this month! It is the same one Kendall started with in Kindergarten, and we are so proud of her! She is reading so well!!
Check out these superheroes!



Kendall loves to play with Molly and sometimes Molly tolerates it. Like this time when she let her push her in the stroller. :)
We had some bad storms one night and a tornado actually touched down two streets over! Randy and I had been awake watching the weather, but when we heard the wind sound like a train like you always hear people describing tornadoes, we decided to wake the girls and bring them in the living room with us. We snuggled on the couch because they were half asleep. We are so thankful our home and family were ok that night!
For Veteran's Day, Cooper learned about monuments, and how they are put up to honor people. She was told to draw a monument for someone she would like to honor, and she chose Great Granny! Here she is with her colorful cane. I love that so much.
Cooper went on her very first field trip to a play at the intermediate school. Parents weren't allowed to go, so I was so thankful Ms. Woodward took these pictures for me. Cooper was her seat mate on the bus, which was Cooper's favorite part because that girl loves school buses!
Cooper got a REACH award for good citizenship and behavior in her class! She got a certificate and got to be on the announcements. We were so proud of her!
Granny came down that week and stayed with us and we ate lunch with the girls one day.


Open House happened some time in October. The girls enjoyed showing us all their work. Here, Kendall is giving Randy and me a quiz that she wrote about herself. Randy beat me!



I love Cooper's picture of herself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment